Portable Magnetic Whiteboards and Magnetic Dry Erase Wallpaper offers new learning zones that not only save classroom space but also facilitate students' brain development, bodily awareness and motor skills.
Children from ages 2-4 are in a critical stage for accelerated growth and development. Providing a space where they can build a slew of cognitive and physical skills can set them up for learning success in grade school and beyond. In fact, encouraging movement and exploration with vertical learning zones can ensure normal brain development and reduce chances of developing Senoristasis. (1, 2)
- Vertical Learning is defined as any vertical surface with detachable 2-D or 3-D objects on it that offer “opportunities for perception, manipulation, interaction, construction of knowledge, and representation.” (3) For kids from 2-4 years old, magnetic whiteboards elevate the potential for learning in several different areas including physical strength and balance, spatial awareness and sensory skills like hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills.
- Teachers of all grades from Pre-K to 12th grade can create vertical learning zones in their classroom by pairing existing wall space with a magnetic dry erase room divider. Furthermore, dividing up classroom space according to learning units or subjects can help students with “chunking” or associating information with space. Vertical, non-permanent surfaces, like a whiteboard are best because, unlike horizontal learning, work is always public so students can be “inspired by each other’s ideas,” said Iniyaa, a middle school student at Design Campus 39, in San Diego.
- Not every Preschool or Kindergarten classroom has enough space for the amount of students it needs to hold. Making room for tables, chairs, play mats and storage can leave you with just enough space for your own desk. Start looking at your classroom walls as an interactive learning space. With highly receptive magnetic dry erase wallpaper, you can make more room for vertical learning zones.
Vertical Learning Activities for Babies and Toddlers
These magnetic wooden tunnels are angled so that the marble is taken by gravity and falls into the bucket. The movement of bending to pick up the marble and straightening back up allows the child to strengthen their core and practice their pincer grip.
For kids learning to read or write, this can be a great tool to practice everything from grammar to creative writing. More advanced learners can make poetry or learn a new language.
Using whiteboard markers is helpful for people of all ages. It helps babies and toddlers gain hand, finger and wrist motor skills but it can also act as a relaxing activity for kids learning to manage their emotions and validate their thoughts and feelings. You can cut magnetic Opti-Rite® peel ‘n stick wallpaper into a fun shape too!
Matching and Sorting Animals and Plants
The opportunities are endless when it comes to matching and sorting. Distinguishing plants from an animals or sorting farms animals from zoo animals is a great way to prepare your students for higher learning.
The Best Whiteboards for Vertical Learning
|Trek Magnetic Whiteboards||Ogee Magnetic Whiteboard||Magnetic Whiteboard Wallpaper|
The Ogee Magnetic portable whiteboard room divider has a curved dry erase surface that makes writing at the bottom easy. The best part about this dry erase room divider is the anti-trip design that features tucked in casters to allow for a clear and safe walking space around the entire unit, making it the favorite choice for the pre-k and kindergarten environment. The Ogee Magnetic Portable Unit is 72″ high and 36″ wide with a width of 23.5 ” at the bottom for extra storage space. There is a middle storage tray that also functions as a handle making the unit easy to move around to where ever it’s needed. The “non-marking” caster locks securely to avoid accidental pinching! This portable dry erase divider is the best for safety and learning. Check out the Ogee Portable Magnetic Dry Erase Room Divider here.
Doubles as a Flip Chart
The Trek Magnetic Dry Erase Mobile Room Divider, like the Ogee, allows you to create a completely new modular workspace for students and coworkers alike. The unit comes with its own flip-chart hooks located at the top of the unit so you also get a presentation easel all in one unit. Each sturdy steel framed portable unit can be nested to save space when storing. The 5″ casters allow for easy mobility and two of the casts have locking mechanisms to keep the Trek Mobile Room Divider firmly in place once placed. Check out the Trek Magnetic Dry Erase Portable Room Divider here.
Magnetic Peel N’ Stick Whiteboard Wallpaper
The Magnetic Opti-Rite® MSA wallpaper is peel-n-stick, cuttable and erases like a dream. Not every classroom has enough floor space for a creativity or play zone. With this magnetic dry erase wallpaper, your walls are transformed into vertical learning land. Using this peel n’ stick wallpaper and a couple dry erase room dividers to created learning zones, you can take control of your lesson plan and engage your students.
Learning Montessori Style
Setting up learning stations in early education, a crucial part of Montessori learning, is easy with portable boards, and dry erase wallpaper. While the entire class is busy exploring, creating and playing, the teacher has time to jump from student to student to provide and attention and guidance.
Custom Dry Erase Magnet Sheet Printing
If you need a particular diagram, visual, image or design on your whiteboard, we recommend the Custom Dry Erase Magnet sheet that can fit and stick to the Olgee and Trek Portable Boards and the Dry Erase Wallpaper! The colors and designs are locked under our signature dry erase surface. The process is fast and easy! Just choose a size and upload your design. Call 866-366-1500 for any questions!
Why Choose OptiMA?
We are a woman-owned small business making our products in the USA. We specialize in dry erase boards, dry erase wallcoverings, portable dry erase units, high-quality custom printed whiteboards, fast shipping, and five-star customer service. Over the last three decades, we’ve worked hard to deliver industrial quality whiteboard solutions that won’t break customers’ budgets.
- Make Geography Fun with OptiMA’s World and USA Map Lapboards! June 29, 2022
- Introducing Interactive Boards to MyWhiteBoards.com June 27, 2022
- How to Elevate Your Space With Magnetic Paint June 17, 2022
- How Custom Dry Erase Aids Labor and Delivery Units June 8, 2022
- How Whiteboards Can Help Create a Greener Workplace June 8, 2022